Hover to Zoom
The Star Beacon is a thermal combat ID beacon for covertly marking blue force personnel and vehicles. It emits no visible signature and is undetectable by conventional image intensifier-based night vision equipment. The Star beacon has an optical output of approximately 2300 mW in the mid-wave IR band (3 to 5 micron) and/or 400 mW in the long-wave IR band (8 to 12 microns). The beacon emits in a full hemispherical pattern for high visibility by air or ground mounted thermal imaging systems. The emitter head, battery pack, and mount system can be easily configured for use on a helmet, vehicle, MOLLE vest, or pack.
- Positive ID of blue force assets from both ground and airborne thermal imaging systems
- 1 km visibility to cooled LWIR imagers – 10 km visibility in MWIR with common imagers
- Invisible to Gen I, II, and III image intensifiers
- Neodymium magnets for attachment to vehicles and integral bracket for various attachment options to a helmet, vest, or pack
- Multiple Star Beacons can be wirelessly synchronized to flash in unison.
- Battery pack with (6) 123 batteries provides 5 hours of continuous run time.
- Also runs on external power, 12 to 32 VDC.
- Full hemispherical emission from the horizon to zenith